This multi-phased commercial development on Kennedy Road, Navan, comprised the following:
- An extension to the existing multi-storey car park and associated links providing access to the existing shopping mall and carpark.
- An extension to the existing retail units to Tesco and other major retail tenants./li>
- The construction of a new multi-storey car park
- The construction of a new office building and medical centre.
- The construction of an apartment block.
- The construction of retail units and associated external works.
- The project posed significant difficulties in terms of the interface between building works and the ongoing operation of a major shopping centre over the duration of the construction./li>
- Site conditions determined that piling was required to all foundations and this included mini piling within an existing section of the works./li>
- Construction consisted of a structural steel frame, precast flooring units, blockwork and brick cavity walls and finishes matching the existing shopping centre.
- The demanding programme was fast-track, with phased handovers of different sections and elements of the works which was required to maximise the benefit to the client in terms of tax incentives and tenancy agreements.
Tesco’s, Navan Shopping Centre
- This consisted of the construction of an extension to the existing Tesco unit and the construction of a multi-storey car park.
Phase 2 – Navan Shopping Centre
- This phase of the project involved the extension of the existing retail mall which contained major retail tenants.
Phase 3– Abbey Road Medical Centre and Retail Development
- The construction of a medical centre and ground floor retail units as part of the development of Navan Shopping Centre.
Phase 3 – Block A Apartments
- The construction of a 900 sqm apartment block with 150 sqm retail space.
Phase 3 – Block D Car Park
- The construction of a 320-space, multi-storey car park with four levels, approximate area 8,500 sqm, within an eight-month programme.
Phase 3– Link Bridge between existing car park/ North Mall extension
- The construction of an elevated link bridge over an existing road linking the new and existing car parks to the new and existing retail mall./li>
- The complex construction of the enclosure involved a structure suspended over an existing roof and breaking into the existing mall.