Design & Build extension to existing primary school consisted of 10No new classrooms, 2No Specialist Teaching Rooms, General purpose Hall and associated ancillary works.
The design and build consortium planned a fast-track on-site construction duration of 26 weeks. With an area of 2050 sq m and 10No. classrooms, this was awarded to ABM by the Department of Education and Skills Rapid Build Programme 2012.
In 2012, the Department of Education and Skills prioritised funding to facilitate the construction of schools in rapidly developing areas such as Skerries, Co. Dublin. Skerries Educate Together was an existing 2 storey school built circa and the programme was tendered on a design and build basis for the new 10 classroom extension with GP hall. It was intended that the school would be operational by the start of the school term in September 2013/14. The Actual commencement date was 10th December and was completed within a 26-week programme.
The project consisted of the construction of a 2 storey extension to existing primary school including link corridors comprising of 10No-Classrooms, 2No support teaching specialist rooms, General purpose hall and ancillary accommodation with a total floor area of c. 2050sqm. The site works to the school grounds involved of the provision of gardens & landscaping and boundary treatments.
- Contractors Representative
- Design and Construction team leader.
- To manage the design team members in the development and co-ordination of rapid build construction techniques and to ensure that the relevant information was available to achieve both the rapid start on site date and to adhere to the fast track programme.
- Sanctioning of all design decisions to ensure these were solutions which could achieve the rapid build programme.
- Ensuring that the design development adhered to the procurement and manufacture schedules, in particular the off-site production programme for the Kingspan panellised system used.
- Responsibility for all on-site construction activities.
- Responsibility for the management and co-ordination of health and safety matters on-site in our role as PSCS.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the project to a tight schedule including the commissioning and compliance with Schedule A of the DoES requirements for handover